Tuesday, February 22, 2011

waiting for the end


this song basically sums up life in general. break ups. moving on. changes. it makes me think of all these different things that make up my life. not only is it a really deep and meaningful song... it's a totally sick-tight-awesome-life-changing music video! bonus-my-nonus! I'm glad to learn that some bands aren't just writing whatever about being drunk and dancing for the rest of your life (*cough* KE$HA *cough*). i think our world is so filled with stupid music, that we don't remember the true art it is to make beautiful words go with a rhythm and tune. i think people just throw stuff together to sell some CDs, it's relieving to hear some actual music now and again.
Got that glitter on my eyes
Stockings ripped all up the side
Looking sick and sexy-fied
So let's go-oh-oh, let's go!

I'm talking pedicure on our toes, toes
Trying on all our clothes, clothes
Boys blowing up our phones, phones
Drop-topping, playing our favorite CDs
Pulling up to the parties
Trying to get a little bit tipsy

What was left when that fire was gone?
I thought it felt right but that right was wrong
All caught up in the eye of the storm
And trying to figure out what it's like moving on
And i don't even know what kind of things I've said
My mouth kept moving and my mind went dead
So, picking up the pieces, now where to begin?
The hardest part of ending Is starting again.

ok. sorry i didn't mean to go all crazy rampage on music these days, but do you see my point? sure, kesha is fun to dance to.. but do you really want future generations to remember us for words like that!?

No comments:

Post a Comment