Friday, March 25, 2011

Nearer, My God, To Thee - day 21

#21 - my life is filled with so many regrets. i can't dwell on them. everyone does stupid things. i just need to make sure to learn from my mistakes, grow, and become a better person. in the immortal words of My Big Fat Greek Wedding "Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become." there are things that i hate about myself. we all have things like that. but this life is for fixing yourself and making sure you don't miss a great thing twice.

the quote that i try to keep reminding myself is don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. thinking about and mourning over my regrets won't get me anywhere. it just makes me upset. i'm trying to remember the good times and focus on that. being grateful for those 10 months. right now, i have to focus on what is happening. school, friends, family. i have to plan for the future, but not worry or stress about it all the time. our lives are in such a balance. one little switch in attitude or a turn of events can spin our delicate plans out of control. it's like the earth. if it was just a bit closer to the sun, we would all burn up. but if it was a little further away, we would all freeze. our goal in life is not to have it perfectly balanced all the time. that's never going to happen. sometimes you will be angry and things will go wrong. you will be alone, teased, pushed down, and thrown around. our goal in life is not to be balanced all the time. our goal is to stand through the times that aren't balanced. to come out stronger and better. life isn't going to be easy. but your attitude and perception of the things that are happening can either make it enjoyable, (or at least bearable) or miserable in every meaning of the word.  "Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine!" - Count of Monte Cristo.

No comments:

Post a Comment